Study Abroad in CHINA Information Session 2020-2021
Learn about various study abroad options in China from program returnees, faculty, and staff from the Global Learning Office.
Date: Monday, November 2, 2020
Time: 5pm CST
To learn more about Study abroad possibilities in the sinosphere, please contact the Study Abroad advisers Wen-pin Hsieh or Hong Jiang. ALC majors/minors need to consult ALC's Director of Undergraduate Studies before their study abroad experience to discuss which courses will count towards meeting ALC degree requirements. Students who come back from a study abroad or summer program at any institutions (including IPD Beijing Summer Program) and want to continue language study at Northwestern and/or want to transfer credits for language course work to Northwestern MUST also take the placement test.
You can find additional information at the Global Learning Office’s websites listed below:
NU Affiliated Programs (listed in alphabetical order)
- Beijing: Contemporary China and Chinese Language
- China: Political & Economic Development
- Communications, Business & Political Economy in Taipei
- Energy Technology & Policy: Wanxiang Fellows Program
- Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Exchange
- International Chinese Language Program (ICLP) at National Taiwan University
- Intensive Chinese Language + Culture in Taipei
- Media and Integrated Marketing Communications in China
- Nanjing: Intensive Chinese Language & Culture
- Public Health in China
- School in China: Hangzhou
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Exchange
- University of Hong Kong Exchange
The following programs are notable non-affiliated study abroad programs.
- Associated Colleges in China (ACC)
- CET Academic Programs
- Inter-University Program for Chinese Language Studies (IUP)
- Mandarin Training Center, National Taiwan Normal University
- Middlebury in China
- The Alliance for Global Education
- Columbia Language in Beijing (summer only)
- Columbia Visual Culture in Beijing (NEW PROGRAM!)
- Harvard Beijing Academy (summer only)
- Princeton in Beijing (summer only)
For information on NU's affiliated and non-affiliated study abroad application procedures, contact the Global Learning Office.
You can also find useful information about unaffiliated summer programs on the Global Learning Office website.
Scholarships for studying in Hong Kong, the People’s Republic of China, and Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Blakemore Freeman Fellowships
- Boren Scholarship
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Freeman-Asia Award
- Fulbright US Student Program
- Huayu Mandarin Language Enrichment Fellowship
- The Northwestern Office of Fellowship
- Northwestern University Undergraduate Language Grants (for summer intensive language study)
- Northwestern University Undergraduate Research Grants
- Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences Sion Asia-related Research Grants
Some study abroad programs offer financial aid. Please check the relevant programs for detailed information.Back to top